Tel No. (+230)413-2532
Fax No. (+230)413-2566
Flacq Hospital is situated in the East of Mauritius at Centre de Flacq in the district of Flacq.
It provides services for the Health Region 3 for a population of 170,000 inhabitants covering essentially the district of Flacq under the directorate of a Regional Health Director (RHD).
The Regional Health Director is also responsible for the Primary Health Care of the region which is provided through:
24 Community Health Centres
4 Area Health Centres
which are spread throughput the Health Region 3.
- After the First World War, a high increase of tuberculosis and pulmonary diseases was witnessed and the Central Police Station in the East was converted into a District hospital in 1922.
Flacq Hospital had then 78 beds divided into 2 male wards, 1 female ward, 1 Paediatric ward, 1 Gynaecological ward and a department of Accident and Emergency managed by Dr Limberty and two other colleagues.
- In July 1983, the then Prime Minister laid the foundation stone for an X-ray department.
- In August 1983, a minor surgery service was opened.
- In February 1997, it was upgraded into a Regional Hospital and a Medical Ward and a Paediatric Warda medical ward and a Paediatric ward were inaugurated in the new hospital complex.
The following units were then added: Gynecology & Obstetrics, General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery and Anaesthesiology Unit.
- In 2000, SAMU services were started. (Emergency Medical Services)
- In Feb 2000, an Intensive Care Unit was inaugurated.
- In July 2010, 24-Hour Cardiology services were started.
Gynecology and Obstetrics
SAMU services - (Emergency Medical Unit)
Physical Medicine OPD
Chest diseases Outpatient Clinic
NCD Services (Non Communicable Diseases)
Skin diseases OutPatient Clinic
ENT Clinic OutPatient Clinic
Ophthalmology OutPatient Clinic
Accident and Emergency Dept.
Ayurvedic Outpatient Clinic
Speech Therapy Unit
Medical Social Worker
Medical Laboratory Services
Centralised Health Records Department
Central Sterile Supplies Department
Procurement & Supply Unit
Energy Services Unit
The SAMU Project, a specialised emergency service. Phone 114